Close Menu
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
What's On

Putin is testing European leaders – POLITICO

May 22, 2026

Netanyahu speaks out after video shows minister taunting activists

May 22, 2026

NATO allies downplay US troop withdrawals – POLITICO

May 22, 2026

Trump envoy says US should restore its ‘footprint’ in Greenland

May 22, 2026

The looming crisis putting Europe’s energy security at risk  – POLITICO

May 22, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian Europe
Newsletter
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
Home»Travel
Travel

Qatar to extend entry visas for travellers stranded in the country

By staffMarch 3, 20262 Mins Read
Qatar to extend entry visas for travellers stranded in the country
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Travellers stuck in Qatar due to the country’s airspace closure will have their entry visas extended without fees, the Ministry of Interior has announced.

The extension, which will be valid for one month, applies to all visa entry categories and will be processed automatically. Further extensions may be announced in the future “in line with developments”.

Those whose entry visas expired prior to 28 February, when Iran’s retaliatory strikes began, will still need to pay overstay fines incurred.

Citizens of 102 countries around the globe can get a free visa on arrival in Qatar, but the length of stay depends on nationality.

For the majority of European nations, you can stay for up to 90 days. Others can get a 30-day visa which is extendable for a further 30 days.

Qatar’s airspace closure

Qatar’s Civil Aviation Authority announced it would be closing the airspace just after noon local time (10 am CET) on 28 February.

Qatar Airways, the country’s flag carrier, has been posting daily updates about the continued suspension of flights daily before 9 am local time (7 am CET). The next update is due on 4 March.

While the UAE has begun exceptional flights for stranded passengers, there have been no flights in or out of Qatar since the closure began.

Those with a Qatar Airways booking between 28 February and 10 March 2026 can move their travel dates by up to 14 days, or get a refund. Changes and refunds can be processed through the website or app, and the airline has asked only those with a travel date in the next 48 hours to contact them directly due to the volume of inquiries.

Thailand extends visit visas

Visit visas are also being extended for tourists in Thailand affected by cancellations on flights to the Middle East.

Some 47 flights to and from Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok, as well as 36 flights to Phuket, have been cancelled by airlines including Air Arabia, Emirates, Qatar Airways, Etihad Airways, Gulf Air and Kuwait Airlines so far.

Thailand’s Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Tourism and Sports, Natthariya Thaweewong, has said that visa extensions will be offered to stranded tourists, and hotels are being told to offer discounted rates to those affected.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

How to have a responsible day trip in Europe’s most overtouristed cities

Airbnb expands beyond rentals with AI planning tools, airport pickups and World Cup experiences

Fancy a taste of Finland? Then RSVP to this special foodie invite

Short-haul trips are on the rise for European summer holidays – here’s where to book now

Cruise booking demand stays strong despite onboard illness outbreaks

Why brutalist architecture is the latest travel trend taking over social media

The world has 10 five-star airlines – and none are European

14 new beaches in Italy have been awarded Blue Flags – here’s where they are

These are the best cities for culture in Europe for 2026, according to Time Out

Editors Picks

Netanyahu speaks out after video shows minister taunting activists

May 22, 2026

NATO allies downplay US troop withdrawals – POLITICO

May 22, 2026

Trump envoy says US should restore its ‘footprint’ in Greenland

May 22, 2026

The looming crisis putting Europe’s energy security at risk  – POLITICO

May 22, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Europe and world news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Iran secretly executes four as it hits global death sentence record

May 22, 2026

Serbia’s Brnabić condemns EU double standards on enlargement – POLITICO

May 22, 2026

Video. Pashinyan grabs megaphone as exchange turns heated during election campaign

May 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian Europe. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.