Close Menu
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
What's On

Trump sends Indiana stone to Italy to carve White House ballroom columns

August 23, 2026

The UK assisted dying bill is coming back. Its Labour champion is looking to Australia for inspiration – POLITICO

August 23, 2026

Video. Latest news bulletin | August 23rd, 2026 – Evening

August 23, 2026

Raised in the wild: Spain’s famous “wolf boy” dies

August 23, 2026

Western leaders arrive in Kyiv as Ukrainian forces set sights on Russia’s Ozon

August 23, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian Europe
Newsletter
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
Home»Culture
Culture

Wim Wenders withdraws 1975 film ‘Wrong Move’ featuring topless 13-year-old Nastassja Kinski

By staffJune 4, 20262 Mins Read
Wim Wenders withdraws 1975 film ‘Wrong Move’ featuring topless 13-year-old Nastassja Kinski
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Published on
04/06/2026 – 11:43 GMT+2

Celebrated German director Wim Wenders has withdrawn from circulation his 1975 film Wrong Move, due to then-13-year-old actress Nastassja Kinski appearing topless in a scene.

The director said in a statement: “Streaming, television broadcasters and distribution partners will be instructed to cease public access to the film.”

The decision follows comments made by Kinski, now 65, who told Süddeutsche Zeitung newspaper last month that she has spent 15 years unsuccessfully trying to get Wenders to change the film.

“That was my first film, he was my first director and he didn’t protect me,” Kinski told the paper. “Even though I didn’t know much aged 13, I knew that that was not ok.”

Wenders, 80, apologised to Kinski, saying: “As the only person responsible at the time for ‘Wrong Move’ who is still here, I recognise that Nastassja Kinski should have been better protected back then. For that, I apologise to you, Nastassja, unreservedly, no ifs and buts.”

The Wim Wenders Foundation, which owns Wrong Move, said it would seek a broader discussion with German film institutions about the film industry and the future of Wrong Move.

“Only after that process has taken place – even if it takes considerable time – and once we have been able to present a mutually agreed solution, which will include Nastassja Kinski, will we make the film available again,” it said.

In a statement to AFP, Christian Schertz, a lawyer for Kinski said that he “welcomed” the decision to block future access to Wrong Move, but that it was “long overdue”.

He added that he regrets “that it has only happened as a result of public pressure” and that “we have to wait to see what (Wender’s) offer to dialogue actually consists of.”

Wenders is best known for his award-winning films Wings of Desire, Paris, Texas, Buena Vista Social Club and Perfect Days.

Kinski, daughter of the late Fitzcarraldo actor Klaus Kinski, made her acting debut in Wrong Move. She also worked with Wenders in Paris, Texas.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Trump sends Indiana stone to Italy to carve White House ballroom columns

What is ‘farmear aura’? Viral street battles born on TikTok

Wehrmacht motorbike from the Danube brings siege of Budapest to life

Pompeii, life went on after Vesuvius: new discovery points to the Renaissance

Euronews Culture’s Film of the Week: ‘Fjord’

Why is the Gwangju Biennale refusing to call Taiwan’s pavilion the ‘Taiwan Pavilion’?

World’s oldest person celebrates 117th birthday in UK – What is the secret to her longevity?

Spice Girls leader Geri Halliwell’s Cordoban great-grandfather was executed after the Civil War

Diamonds or duds: Are these the most overrated albums of all time?

Editors Picks

The UK assisted dying bill is coming back. Its Labour champion is looking to Australia for inspiration – POLITICO

August 23, 2026

Video. Latest news bulletin | August 23rd, 2026 – Evening

August 23, 2026

Raised in the wild: Spain’s famous “wolf boy” dies

August 23, 2026

Western leaders arrive in Kyiv as Ukrainian forces set sights on Russia’s Ozon

August 23, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Europe and world news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Sydney Marathon mishap: Munich’s Allianz Arena appears on finisher medal

August 23, 2026

Trump claims Hormuz on Truth Social, Rezaei says ‘shut until US changes’

August 23, 2026

ECB head Christine Lagarde ‘ready to serve’ WEF, report says

August 23, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian Europe. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.