Close Menu
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
What's On

Video. ‘We are not for sale’: Greenlanders protest growing US presence in Nuuk

May 22, 2026

Netflix’s ‘Emily in Paris’ is ending after six seasons… And it’s for the best

May 22, 2026

Rutte says Zelenskyy will attend NATO summit in Ankara – POLITICO

May 22, 2026

EU green economy booms as solar energy grows at record pace. What’s the most profitable sector?

May 22, 2026

Taiwan says it has received no notification from US of any pause to planned €12bn arms sale

May 22, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian Europe
Newsletter
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
Home»Europe
Europe

UK police prepared to probe sexual misconduct claim against former Prince Andrew

By staffMay 22, 20263 Mins Read
UK police prepared to probe sexual misconduct claim against former Prince Andrew
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Published on
22/05/2026 – 14:07 GMT+2

Police in the United Kingdom investigating former prince Andrew said on Friday that they are also open to probing a claim of sexual misconduct against King Charles’ brother.

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, the second of the late queen Elizabeth’s three sons, was arrested in mid-February after new revelations stemming from his ties to the late US sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

Detectives at Thames Valley Police said they had been in touch with the lawyer of a potential victim following reports a woman was brought to Windsor, west of London, where Andrew was a resident on the royal family’s estate, in 2010 “for sexual purposes.”

The force is reportedly concerned that the public believes they are only focused on accusations of misconduct in public office by Mountbatten-Windsor.

They have been probing allegations that Andrew shared sensitive information with the disgraced financier Epstein during the former prince’s decade as UK trade envoy.

The force said their investigation was “examining a number of aspects of alleged misconduct following the release of files under the Epstein Files Transparency Act in the United States.”

In addition to the investigation into misconduct in public office, it stressed “the assessment of reports that a woman was taken to an address in Windsor in 2010 for sexual purposes is ongoing.”

“We have engaged with the woman’s legal representative to confirm that, should she wish to report this to police, it will be taken seriously and handled with care, sensitivity and respect for her privacy and her right for anonymity,” the statement added.

The force repeated its appeal for anyone with relevant information to come forward.

Royal titles stripped

After his arrest in February, Mountbatten-Windsor was questioned for hours at a police station on suspicion of misconduct in public office during his time travelling around the world as a UK trade envoy from 2001-2011.

Mountbatten-Windsor has denied any wrongdoing and has not been charged, but remains under police caution.

He was stripped of his remaining royal titles in October by the king due to the growing scandal around his brother’s ties to Epstein, who died in prison in 2019.

He was also ousted from his previous home at Royal Lodge in Windsor and has moved to the king’s private Sandringham estate, in eastern Norfolk.

Allegations of potential sexual misconduct at Royal Lodge emerged earlier this year.

Lawyer Brad Edwards of US firm Edwards Henderson told the BBC in January that one woman, who is not British and was in her 20s at the time, was given a tour of Buckingham Palace and tea after allegedly spending the night with Andrew at his Windsor residence in 2010.

“We’re talking about at least one woman who was sent by Jeffrey Epstein over to Prince Andrew,” the lawyer was quoted as saying.

Additional sources • AFP

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

EU green economy booms as solar energy grows at record pace. What’s the most profitable sector?

Lukashenka offers to meet Zelenskyy as Ukraine warns of Russia’s new offensive through Belarus

Hungary’s Magyar pushes back on pension and tax reforms as EU funding talks intensify

Portugal and France in shock: what do we know about the case of the abandoned children

Watch: Why Europe’s forgotten power bloc is making a return

More US troops in Poland – What does the country have to say about it

Trump to send additional 5,000 US troops to Poland

Brussels to remove remaining barriers with Mexico as the allies review their trade agreement

Air France and Airbus convicted of manslaughter in 2009 Rio-Paris crash over Atlantic

Editors Picks

Netflix’s ‘Emily in Paris’ is ending after six seasons… And it’s for the best

May 22, 2026

Rutte says Zelenskyy will attend NATO summit in Ankara – POLITICO

May 22, 2026

EU green economy booms as solar energy grows at record pace. What’s the most profitable sector?

May 22, 2026

Taiwan says it has received no notification from US of any pause to planned €12bn arms sale

May 22, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Europe and world news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Portugal braces for travel chaos as nationwide strike threatens 500 flights

May 22, 2026

Enthusiasts recreate iconic ‘death of Sherlock Holmes’ at Reichenbach Falls in the Swiss Alps

May 22, 2026

Former French PM Gabriel Attal officially launches presidential bid – POLITICO

May 22, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian Europe. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.