Close Menu
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
What's On

Gonorrhea and syphilis cases hit record highs in Europe – POLITICO

May 21, 2026

Paris nursery abuse probe expands as 16 staff held over extended custody

May 21, 2026

Video. Bangladesh: Albino buffalo nicknamed “Donald Trump” becomes unlikely star attraction

May 21, 2026

Fixing gaps in schizophrenia care – POLITICO

May 21, 2026

Naples woken by strong earthquake as tremors hit city

May 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian Europe
Newsletter
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
Home»Culture
Culture

‘Sickening’: Donald Trump plans for ‘Arc de Trump’ blasted online

By staffApril 13, 20262 Mins Read
‘Sickening’: Donald Trump plans for ‘Arc de Trump’ blasted online
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Published on
13/04/2026 – 12:03 GMT+2

Donald Trump continues his efforts to reshape Washington…

After his controversial interior design changes, the renaming of the Kennedy Center and the White House’s East Wing ballroom project, Trump wants his very own arch in the nation’s capital.

Indeed, the White House has unveiled plans for a giant “Triumphal Arch” – dubbed the “Arc de Trump”, as it bears an uncanny resemblance to France’s Arc de Triomphe.

If approved, the 76m monument would be taller than both the US Capitol building and the Lincoln Memorial.

It will be “the GREATEST and MOST BEAUTIFUL Triumphal Arch, anywhere in the World” Trump wrote on social media, alongside a mock-up design. “This will be a wonderful addition to the Washington DC area for all Americans to enjoy for many decades to come!”

The administration said it has officially filed the plans with the Commission of Fine Arts, a panel made up of Trump allies.

Considering the current context of the war with Iran, the loss of life in the Middle East and soaring gas prices, many have expressed their criticism for the controversial “vanity project”.

“Americans worried about inflation and Trump is using tax dollars for wars, arch and his pet projects”, one person wrote, while another said the “sickening” move was ‘Embarrassing shit.”

Check out some other reactions below:

Previously, a group of Vietnam War veterans and an architectural historian sued the Trump administration over the arch. They warned that the arch would clash with the Lincoln Memorial and Arlington National Cemetery’s message of unity after the Civil War.

“It will block historically significant reciprocal views between those two memorials that were consciously designed and that have existed for nearly a century,” the group said in the 19-page lawsuit. “With the erection of the arch, Arlington House will no longer be visible from the Lincoln Memorial, and the view of the Lincoln Memorial from Arlington House will be obscured, disrupting the historic and symbolic link between the two.”

The group argued that Trump’s plans violate the Commemorative Works Act of 1986, and that the project is unlawful. They also stated that the arch could impact air travel at Ronald Reagan National Airport.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

South Korea: cubism launches Korean branch of Centre Pompidou

Botero sold his first work for two packs of cigarettes: now up for auction in Bogotá

Everything you need to know about Stephen Colbert’s final show and the end of The Late Show

Taiwan Travelogue: Yáng Shuāng-zǐ and translator Lin King win the International Booker Prize

Pont Neuf wrapped again: artist JR installs monumental temporary work

New film charts the life and times of Zurita de Oliveira, the mother of Portuguese rock

Pint or pichet? Beer consumption overtakes wine for the first time in France

Sit down, tune in, drop out: How ‘cozy’ video games have become the new anti-depressants

Video. Javier Bardem attacks Trump, Putin and Netanyahu for ‘toxic behaviour’

Editors Picks

Paris nursery abuse probe expands as 16 staff held over extended custody

May 21, 2026

Video. Bangladesh: Albino buffalo nicknamed “Donald Trump” becomes unlikely star attraction

May 21, 2026

Fixing gaps in schizophrenia care – POLITICO

May 21, 2026

Naples woken by strong earthquake as tremors hit city

May 21, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Europe and world news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Video. Israeli security minister Ben Gvir releases footage of detained flotilla activists

May 21, 2026

Putin’s trolls are weakening Merz to boost Russia-friendly far right – POLITICO

May 21, 2026

Europe Today: Drones, bunkers and political turmoil: what’s going on in Lithuania?

May 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian Europe. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.