Close Menu
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
What's On

Eiffel Tower staircase segment sells at auction for over €450,000

May 21, 2026

Comment Brigitte Macron a sauvé un million d’euros pour l’Institut français de la mode

May 21, 2026

European carmakers face EU pressure to diversify chip suppliers

May 21, 2026

Who is Ahmad Vahidi, Interpol-wanted IRGC general and key Iranian war strategist?

May 21, 2026

Merz’s plan of ‘associate EU membership’ for Ukraine gets mixed reviews

May 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian Europe
Newsletter
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
Home»World
World

Several DJs removed from festival line-ups amid accusations of sexual misconduct

By staffFebruary 26, 20263 Mins Read
Several DJs removed from festival line-ups amid accusations of sexual misconduct
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Several prominent techno DJs were pulled from festival lineups and had concert dates cancelled after a series of screenshots and text messages released last week accused them of sexual misconduct, Flemish public broadcaster VRT reported.

The accusations concern several artists, including French DJs Shlømo and Basswell, the US-French DJ Fantasm, the Belgian techno DJ Odymel and German DJ CARV, most of whom are tied to Paris-based management and booking agency STEER.

“When allegations multiply and concern artists on our roster, inaction is not an option,” the agency wrote in a statement, announcing it would suspend its collaboration with the artists involved.

The series of screenshots and text message conversations has been dubbed the “techno-files” in reference to the Epstein files.

The allegations were posted on the Instagram account under the handle “BradNoLimit”, which claims to be a former STEER employee, stating that he released the documents as revenge.

Several of the artists involved have since rejected the accusations made against them. Kenzo Meservey, known by the artist name Fantasm, denied the allegations and accused the person who released the documents of defamation.

The masked DJ CARV admitted to sending intimate images of himself to several women, but said that “there was no non-consensual behaviour and no criminal wrongdoing,” acknowledging that “that doesn’t make it right”.

Brussels techno DJ Antoine Lauffer, known as Odymel, wrote a lengthy post on his social media, stating he may have engaged in inappropriate behaviour with a partner, but said he has no recollection due to a rare sleep disorder known as sexsomnia.

“What happened has also been medically described as consistent with a somnambulism episode of a sexual nature (commonly called sexsomnia). I still have no memory whatsoever of it,” Lauffer said.

“I can therefore only rely on (the partner’s) own version of events to tell you what happened,” Lauffer wrote on Instagram, adding that he’s “fully cooperating with ongoing preliminary investigation,” including medical examinations.

“I am well aware that the total absence of my memory does not change the significance of what has been reported,” he added.

Techno-files stir up wider misconduct conversation

Some have questioned the authenticity of the screenshots and text messages shared by BradNoLimit, arguing that they lack concrete evidence.

However, the incident sparked a broader discussion about abusive behaviour within the industry.

World-renowned Belgian techno DJ Amelie Lens wrote in a statement on Wednesday: “We are tired. The dancefloor is our home and the backstage is our workplace, but neither feels safe for us,” adding that “safety has ben treated as a ‘women’s problem’ for far too long”.

“Let me be clear: this conversation is not an attack on men as a whole. It is about accountability for harmful behavior and about the culture that allows it to continue,” Lens said.

“What sustains the problem is silence, minimisation and protecting reputations before protecting people.”

Lens pointed out that, according to the WHO, one in three women experience physical or sexual violence during their lifetime.

“I am not ready to share my personal experiences and I shouldn’t have to. I shouldn’t have to relive my trauma … The truth isn’t defamation, it is a reckoning,” she concluded.

Other women have also spoken out. While there is currently no active investigation, an initiative named “METOODJS” on Instagram is collecting testimonies from the electronic music scene in an effort to build a case.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Who is Ahmad Vahidi, Interpol-wanted IRGC general and key Iranian war strategist?

Israel says all Gaza flotilla activists have been deported amid global outrage over their treatment

‘Historic’ UK trade deal with Gulf states set to add billions to British economy

Video. Intensifying heat wave grips northern India as temperatures near 48°C

Video. Israel destroyed a four storey house in overnight airstrike in central Gaza camp

Video. Paris hosts Franco-Lebanese music event to aid Lebanon’s humanitarian crisis

Ukraine strikes Russian oil refinery in long-range drone attack, Kyiv says

Who is Raúl Castro: the man who inherited the revolution and still shapes Cuba under pressure

Video. Jeanette revives cult film anthem “Por qué te vas” in Cannes event

Editors Picks

Comment Brigitte Macron a sauvé un million d’euros pour l’Institut français de la mode

May 21, 2026

European carmakers face EU pressure to diversify chip suppliers

May 21, 2026

Who is Ahmad Vahidi, Interpol-wanted IRGC general and key Iranian war strategist?

May 21, 2026

Merz’s plan of ‘associate EU membership’ for Ukraine gets mixed reviews

May 21, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Europe and world news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Israel says all Gaza flotilla activists have been deported amid global outrage over their treatment

May 21, 2026

Stellantis to launch 60 new models by 2030: electric car made in Pomigliano

May 21, 2026

Warum Deutschland sich selbst bremst – POLITICO

May 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian Europe. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.