Close Menu
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
What's On

Beninese-French singer Angélique Kidjo makes history as first Black African to get Hollywood Walk of Fame star

August 19, 2026

French MEP Raphaël Glucksmann gears up to announce presidential run – POLITICO

August 19, 2026

Russian ‘safari’ drone attack on civilian minibus kills at least four, Ukraine says

August 19, 2026

Video. Latest news bulletin | August 19th, 2026 – Midday

August 19, 2026

Former Wimbledon finalist Nick Kyrgios says he tested positive for cocaine

August 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian Europe
Newsletter
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
Home»Europe
Europe

Russian ‘safari’ drone attack on civilian minibus kills at least four, Ukraine says

By staffAugust 19, 20262 Mins Read
Russian ‘safari’ drone attack on civilian minibus kills at least four, Ukraine says
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

A Russian drone attack on a bus in Kherson in southern Ukraine killed four people and injured several others on Wednesday, the regional prosecutor’s office said in a statement.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy shared images of the bus in a post on X, highlighting that it was “absolutely clear” that the bus was carrying civilian passengers.

“The vicious Russian ‘safari’ against our people in Kherson has long gone beyond anything a normal person could imagine,” Zelenskyy wrote.

Russian forces often target the city of Kherson, which Ukraine claims is the deliberate targeting of civilians. Earlier this month, Ukraine accused Russia of deliberately targeting a civilian at a market in Kherson.

“This is exactly how the Russians are fighting their war — they deliberately target civilians,” the police had written in a Telegram post, noting that the man in the video “shows no signs of being a combatant, he is simply selling vegetables and fruit at the market.”

Police previously said Russian forces have been using drones against civilians, vehicles, public transport and emergency workers in Kherson on a daily basis.

The attack on the bus comes just a week after Russia targeted two passenger trains in Ukraine’s Odesa region, which had killed two people and injured a child.

A recent report by the United Nations revealed there has been an increase in civilian deaths in the past year.

In July, the number of civilians deaths in Ukraine hit a record-high, the highest since May 2022, the first months of Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine.

“At least 437 civilians were killed and 2,610 injured in Ukraine in July, a 30 percent increase compared with the previous month and a 70 percent increase compared with July 2025,” the UN Human Rights Monitoring Mission said in a statement on Thursday.

Russian authorities have also reported an increase in civilian casualties on its territories in the first six months of of 2026, “citing 250 civilians killed and 1,596 injured, a 121% increase compared with the same period in 2025,” according to the UN body.

Overnight into Wednesday, Russia launched two ballistic missiles and 65 drones at Ukraine, local media reported.

In Zaporizhzhia, two people person were killed and at least ten injured by Russian drone strikes, Governor Ivan Fedorov wrote on Telegram.

And in the Donetsk region, Russian attacks killed one person and injured four others, Governor Vadym Filashkin wrote.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Spain ignores EU and prepares urgent transfer of 500 migrant girls from Ceuta to mainland

Saxony-Anhalt election: who is behind “tactical voting”

Belgium wildfire ‘encircled’ overnight but situation still ‘complicated,’ officials say

EU-backed electricity link to Cyprus stalls amid regional tensions

Firefighters pushing to ‘definitively encircle’ east Belgium wildfire, authorities say

London’s St Pancras station briefly evacuated amid controlled explosion of unattended car

Police decry conditions in Ceuta: One bathroom for 70 officers and eight officers to a room

Porcupines spread near Warsaw: ‘It tasted some garden plants and got into the house’

France: drones are becoming a new way to smuggle goods into prisons

Editors Picks

French MEP Raphaël Glucksmann gears up to announce presidential run – POLITICO

August 19, 2026

Russian ‘safari’ drone attack on civilian minibus kills at least four, Ukraine says

August 19, 2026

Video. Latest news bulletin | August 19th, 2026 – Midday

August 19, 2026

Former Wimbledon finalist Nick Kyrgios says he tested positive for cocaine

August 19, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Europe and world news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

‘Many revelations’: Charles Spencer to ‘tell the truth’ about his sister Princess Diana in new book

August 19, 2026

South Korea admits Trump blindsided Seoul by cutting military drills – POLITICO

August 19, 2026

Spain ignores EU and prepares urgent transfer of 500 migrant girls from Ceuta to mainland

August 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian Europe. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.