Close Menu
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
What's On

Wer gewinnt Rheinland-Pfalz? Alexander Schweitzer im Gespräch – POLITICO

February 22, 2026

Iranian students renew anti-government protests in Tehran amid a US military buildup

February 22, 2026

Trump says he’s sending hospital ship to Greenland – POLITICO

February 22, 2026

Berlin Film Festival: Yellow Letters wins the Golden Bear award 2026

February 21, 2026

Over 3,000 people march in France in honour of far-right activist

February 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian Europe
Newsletter
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
Home»World
World

Five people killed and two injured after gunmen attack Yemeni official’s motorcade

By staffNovember 25, 20252 Mins Read
Five people killed and two injured after gunmen attack Yemeni official’s motorcade
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Published on
25/11/2025 – 5:54 GMT+1

Gunmen fired on a Yemeni provincial leader’s motorcade Monday, killing at least five security officers and wounding two others, according to authorities.

The attack targeted Taiz Governor Nabil Shamsan on a road linking the southwestern city to the rest of the country, said Mohamed Abdel-Rahman, a provincial spokesperson. Abdel-Rahman added that two assailants were killed in the shootout.

In a statement, the governor’s office said security and military forces were working to bring those behind the attack to justice. No group has immediately claimed credit for the attack so far.

The province’s capital, also named Taiz, has been a battleground pitting the Iranian-backed Houthi rebels and other militias backed by the Islamist Islah party against each other as well as other factions embroiled in Yemen’s civil war.

Taiz, in the southwest, is the junction of two crucial highways: an east-west road leading to the coastal city of Mocha on the Red Sea, and another north-south, to Sanaa via Dhamar and Ibb provinces.

It has been under Houthi blockade since 2016 as part of their war against the internationally recognised Yemeni government.

The country’s brutal civil war began in 2014, when Houthi rebels marched from their northern stronghold of Saada province and forced the internationally recognised government into exile.

A Saudi-led coalition that included the United Arab Emirates entered the Yemen war the following year in an attempt to restore the exiled government.

The war has been stagnant in recent years, after the Houthis reached a deal with Saudi Arabia which agreed to ceasing their cross-border attacks on the kingdom in return for Riyadh, and its allies, halting their strikes on their territories.

Additional sources • AP

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Iranian students renew anti-government protests in Tehran amid a US military buildup

Over 3,000 people march in France in honour of far-right activist

The new space race: how satellites are reshaping Germany’s defence

Video. Latest news bulletin | February 21st, 2026 – Midday

Video. Fans flock to Japan zoo to see viral baby monkey Punch

The Sagrada Família reaches maximum height after more than a century

Tehran accused of mass arrests, torture and executions after protests

Video. Latest news bulletin | February 20th, 2026 – Midday

Video. From Milano Cortina to Dakar 2026: Olympic mascots Tina and Ayo share the stage

Editors Picks

Iranian students renew anti-government protests in Tehran amid a US military buildup

February 22, 2026

Trump says he’s sending hospital ship to Greenland – POLITICO

February 22, 2026

Berlin Film Festival: Yellow Letters wins the Golden Bear award 2026

February 21, 2026

Over 3,000 people march in France in honour of far-right activist

February 21, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Europe and world news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Meloni and Macron postpone their first high-level summit – POLITICO

February 21, 2026

The new space race: how satellites are reshaping Germany’s defence

February 21, 2026

Merz vows coordinated EU line ahead of talks with Trump on tariffs – POLITICO

February 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian Europe. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.