Close Menu
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
What's On

Erdoğan signs decree closing Istanbul’s Bilgi University amid criminal probe into owner

May 22, 2026

Global markets rise as Iran war uncertainty keeps oil elevated

May 22, 2026

Rosalía, Lily Allen and CMAT triumph at Ivor Novello songwriting awards

May 22, 2026

Reeves allies unleash on Miliband in battle for Britain’s Treasury – POLITICO

May 22, 2026

Watch: Why Europe’s forgotten power bloc is making a return

May 22, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian Europe
Newsletter
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
Home»World
World

Euronews journalist seeks shelter at Dubai airport during Iranian drone attack

By staffMarch 7, 20262 Mins Read
Euronews journalist seeks shelter at Dubai airport during Iranian drone attack
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
By&nbspSasha Vakulina&nbsp&&nbspLilly Douse

Published on 07/03/2026 – 14:38 GMT+1•Updated
14:40

Euronews journalist Lilly Douse was travelling from Dubai International Airport on Saturday morning when the Iranian drone attacked the vicinity of the compound.

Douse had already boarded her flight to Cape Town when, suddenly, all the passengers were rushed to disembark, return to the airport and seek shelter as soon as possible, guided by airport staff.

Douse reported that everyone was being evacuated and told to leave from the gate to seek shelter.

As she filmed the dramatic events, she said that at first people did not really understand exactly where they were taken, what was happening, or the cause of the evacuation.

As Douse was rushing to a safe place, the Iranian drone attacked the vicinity of the Dubai international airport.

Black smoke was seen rising over the airport after a loud boom, according to multiple eyewitness accounts.

“For the safety of passengers, airport staff, and airline crew, operations at Dubai International (DXB) have been temporarily suspended,” The Dubai Media Office said in a statement.

Douse reported that in the initial shock of the incoming attack, the situation felt hectic. Together with other passengers, she had to run through the airport as the airspace was immediately closed for the safety of civilian flights.

People were taken to a small space downstairs, which served as an underground shelter.

“Hopefully this is the safest place to be,” Douse reported as she documented her experience.

She recalled how the Dubai airport staff did their best to keep people protected but also calm everyone down in this highly stressful situation.

“Everyone is trying their best to stay calm. The crew, everyone here in Dubai Airport has been absolutely amazing, just trying to keep everyone calm.”

After about one hour in the shelter, people were allowed to leave and return to their gates.

The airport started resuming operations shortly after the drone attack, as thousands of people are still waiting to travel after days of the Middle East airport being closed since the beginning of the Iran war.

Douse proceeded to board her flight again for the second time on Saturday.

“Fingers crossed, this is going to be the one,” Douse said as she boarded her flight home, which took off safely shortly after.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Erdoğan signs decree closing Istanbul’s Bilgi University amid criminal probe into owner

British climber scales Everest for record 20th time, officials say

Video. Angry crowd sets fire to Ebola treatment center in Congo

‘It doesn’t feel real’: Team Qatar gears up for historic Le Mans debut

Rubio doubtful diplomacy would work with Cuban government as Trump raises threat of military action

US raises pressure on Cuba as it indicts former President Raul Castro on murder charges

Video. Lebanon rescuers search rubble after attacks in Tyre province

Netanyahu speaks out after video shows minister taunting activists

Trump envoy says US should restore its ‘footprint’ in Greenland

Editors Picks

Global markets rise as Iran war uncertainty keeps oil elevated

May 22, 2026

Rosalía, Lily Allen and CMAT triumph at Ivor Novello songwriting awards

May 22, 2026

Reeves allies unleash on Miliband in battle for Britain’s Treasury – POLITICO

May 22, 2026

Watch: Why Europe’s forgotten power bloc is making a return

May 22, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Europe and world news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

British climber scales Everest for record 20th time, officials say

May 22, 2026

‘Zapper Bolloré’: Hollywood stars join petition against billionaire

May 22, 2026

Sweden ‘open’ to NATO role in reopening Strait of Hormuz – POLITICO

May 22, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian Europe. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.