Close Menu
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
What's On

Swiss tourist sentenced to year in jail for insulting Bali’s sacred Day of Silence

August 20, 2026

Video. Sirens, shelters and scaled-back war games: South Korea rehearses for crisis

August 20, 2026

UK cinemas consider ban on Meta ‘pervert glasses’ over piracy and privacy concerns

August 20, 2026

Germany’s military has a new recruiting tool: Kebab wrappers – POLITICO

August 20, 2026

Banderol, Russia’s new low-cost weapon testing Ukraine’s air defences

August 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian Europe
Newsletter
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
Home»Culture
Culture

Raiders of the Cookie Jar: Harrison Ford and Cookie Monster break the internet

By staffAugust 20, 20264 Mins Read
Raiders of the Cookie Jar: Harrison Ford and Cookie Monster break the internet
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Published on
20/08/2026 – 12:45 GMT+2

Need some cheering up? Considering the current state of the world, we don’t blame you.

Well, brace yourselves for a clip which has broken the internet. In the best of ways.

Acting legend Harrison Ford has teamed up with Sesame Street’s very own Cookie Monster and the pair ended up singing the Indiana Jones theme tune. Whilst munching on cookies, naturally.

“Me think me know this song,” said the Cookie Monster as he began humming John Williams’ iconic composition. This led the usually grumpy 84-year-old actor to break the cantankerous act and join in.

The behind-the-scenes clip, taken when Ford appeared on the show earlier this year, was shared online by the furry blue Muppet with a crippling addiction for baked goods (preferably with chocolate chips). It has gone viral and racked up 2.5 million views, as well as rave reviews.

Check it out below:

“This is so wholesome it gave me the feels,” wrote one user on X, while another commented: “Harrison Ford breaking his grumpy old man character and just having fun is always so great.”

“This has made my month,” added one user. Another declared: “This is genuinely one of the greatest things ever recorded.”

Maybe… Although we won’t be satisfied until this batch made in heaven pairs up once more for a rendition of Rihanna’s ‘S&M’ with the reworked lyric: “Whips and dough excite me”…

Is that too munch to ask? (Sorry.)

Elsewhere, it’s been a good week for Indiana Jones fans, as Disney recently announced that Ford would be donning the fedora and whip again in a new project. Not a cinematic one though, as Ford will participate in the new ride at Disney World’s Animal Kingdom park.

Ford revealed to fans in a pre-taped video message that he is the “actual model” for the animatronic robot featured on Indiana Jones and the Myth of the Jade Serpent, which is currently under construction.

“I’m excited for you to see his next epic adventure,” the Oscar-nominated actor said. “I’m coming to Walt Disney World soon.”

This project marks the first time that Ford’s likeness will be used in an Indiana Jones attraction at the Disney parks. It is unclear if he will lend his voice to the ride.

A specific opening date for the ride has not yet been announced.

Ford played Indiana Jones for the first time in 1981’s Raiders of the Lost Ark, which was followed by Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984) and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989).

After a lengthy hiatus, Ford returned to the beloved role in 2008 with Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and in 2023 with Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny. Sadly, the latter was a critical and commercial flop for Disney and Lucasfilm, ending his tenure on a bum note.

There have been rumours that the long-running franchise could be coming back to the big screen in a rebooted version, but these rumblings were shut down earlier this year by Lucasfilm chief Kathleen Kennedy. She told Deadline in an interview that reviving the series is highly unlikely.

“I don’t think Indy will ever be done, but I don’t think anybody is interested right now in exploring it,” she said.

For the time being, we have Indy chomping on cookies. And that’s more than enough.

Ford’s last big screen role to date was in Captain America: Brave New World, in which he played President Thaddeus Ross / Red Hulk. He currently stars as Dr. Paul Rhoades in the acclaimed comedy-drama TV show Shrinking, which was renewed for a fourth season in January.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

UK cinemas consider ban on Meta ‘pervert glasses’ over piracy and privacy concerns

Archaeologists uncover human offering at ancient ceremonial site in Lima

Has Disney found a million alpacas for Johnny Depp’s return to the Pirates of the Caribbean series?

Why is this Christian metal band suing Netflix over ‘KPop Demon Hunters’?

Céline Dion reveals she relied on Valium over 17 years of undiagnosed illness

Beninese-French singer Angélique Kidjo makes history as first Black African to get Hollywood Walk of Fame star

‘Many revelations’: Charles Spencer to ‘tell the truth’ about his sister Princess Diana in new book

Thinking outside the box about wellbeing: inside UK’s Medicine Festival

Drought reveals Emperor Nero’s bridge beneath Rome’s Tiber river

Editors Picks

Video. Sirens, shelters and scaled-back war games: South Korea rehearses for crisis

August 20, 2026

UK cinemas consider ban on Meta ‘pervert glasses’ over piracy and privacy concerns

August 20, 2026

Germany’s military has a new recruiting tool: Kebab wrappers – POLITICO

August 20, 2026

Banderol, Russia’s new low-cost weapon testing Ukraine’s air defences

August 20, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Europe and world news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Video. Tibetan protesters in New Dehli denounce China with shaved heads and prayers

August 20, 2026

Raiders of the Cookie Jar: Harrison Ford and Cookie Monster break the internet

August 20, 2026

5 awkward questions as Harry and Meghan plot British return – POLITICO

August 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian Europe. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.