Close Menu
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
What's On

Morgan McSweeney swaps UK government for Ukraine-watching – POLITICO

May 22, 2026

US raises pressure on Cuba as it indicts former President Raul Castro on murder charges

May 22, 2026

EUCO content creators ‘won’t replace EU journalists,’ says influencer 

May 22, 2026

Video. Lebanon rescuers search rubble after attacks in Tyre province

May 22, 2026

Putin is testing European leaders – POLITICO

May 22, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian Europe
Newsletter
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
Home»World
World

UAE and Qatar aligned that Iran ‘has crossed a red line’ as air strikes continue

By staffMarch 4, 20263 Mins Read
UAE and Qatar aligned that Iran ‘has crossed a red line’ as air strikes continue
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Published on
04/03/2026 – 12:40 GMT+1

The US consulate in Dubai was hit overnight in a drone attack resulting in a fire, a Euronews correspondent in Dubai reported from the ground.

“Now the UAE and Qatar are very much aligned in that Iran has crossed a red line and has lost its compass,” Jane Witherspoon said on Wednesday morning.

The UAE defence ministry said on Wednesday that it intercepted three ballistic missiles and 121 drones out of 129 launched against the country overnight on 4 March.

The ministry also reported that since the begining of the war in Iran, 189 ballistic missiles have been launched against the UAE, 175 of them “destroyed.”

Additionally, 941 Iranian drones have been detected and 876 were intercepted. Eight cruise missiles were detected and destroyed, “causing some collateral damage” and resulting in three fatalities of Pakistani, Nepalese and Bangladeshi nationalities.

The defence ministry also reiterated that the UAE “strongly condemned this military targeting, considering it a blatant act of aggression and a flagrant violation of national sovereignty and international law.”

“The country reserves its full right to respond to this escalation and take all necessary measures to protect its territories, people, and residents, in a manner that ensures the preservation of its sovereignty, security, and stability, and protects its national interests and capabilities.”

Qatar arrested Iranian Revolutionary Guard cells

In a significant development that will send ripples through security agencies across Europe, Qatar announced the arrest of two cells operating for the Iranian Revolutionary Guard in Qatar.

According to Qatar News Agency (QNA), the precision monitoring and tracking operations resulted in the capture of 10 suspects, seven of whom were tasked with espionage missions to gather intelligence on the nation’s vital and military infrastructure, alongside three others assigned to conduct sabotage activities and trained in the use of drones.

Authorities also found in their possession locations and coordinates of sensitive facilities and installations, along with communication devices and technological equipment. During the investigations, the suspects confessed their links to the Iranian Revolutionary Guard and stated that they had been assigned to conduct espionage and subversion missions, QNA reports.

With the war in the Middle East in its fifth day, Israel reportedly covertly extracted part of its diplomatic staff in the UAE after two Iranian attempts to attack Israeli diplomats were foiled in recent days.

The Israeli Foreign Ministry confirmed the evacuation saying that “in light of concrete threats against Israeli missions in the UAE, and at the request of security authorities, non-essential staff were evacuated from the United Arab Emirates.”

A senior Israeli official told Channel 12 news that the two attacks were part of “a specific effort to hunt the Israeli diplomats” and “were already underway.”

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

US raises pressure on Cuba as it indicts former President Raul Castro on murder charges

Video. Lebanon rescuers search rubble after attacks in Tyre province

Netanyahu speaks out after video shows minister taunting activists

Trump envoy says US should restore its ‘footprint’ in Greenland

Iran secretly executes four as it hits global death sentence record

Video. Pashinyan grabs megaphone as exchange turns heated during election campaign

Video. Ancient Buddhist hall with 1,000-year-old ‘eternal flame’ burns in Japan

Video. Ukrainian drone pilots compete in high-speed contests

Turkish court annuls leadership of main opposition CHP party, sparking turmoil

Editors Picks

US raises pressure on Cuba as it indicts former President Raul Castro on murder charges

May 22, 2026

EUCO content creators ‘won’t replace EU journalists,’ says influencer 

May 22, 2026

Video. Lebanon rescuers search rubble after attacks in Tyre province

May 22, 2026

Putin is testing European leaders – POLITICO

May 22, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Europe and world news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Netanyahu speaks out after video shows minister taunting activists

May 22, 2026

NATO allies downplay US troop withdrawals – POLITICO

May 22, 2026

Trump envoy says US should restore its ‘footprint’ in Greenland

May 22, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian Europe. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.