Close Menu
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
What's On

Europe’s scorching summer is erasing its economic growth, says report – POLITICO

August 10, 2026

Russia plans to fire 200 ballistic missiles at once, Ukraine’s drone commander says

August 10, 2026

Video. Latest news bulletin | August 10th, 2026 – Evening

August 10, 2026

UK approves its second weight-loss pill while EU access lags – POLITICO

August 10, 2026

Danube water level rising: Another Paks nuclear plant turbine may restart

August 10, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian Europe
Newsletter
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
Home»Europe
Europe

Spain’s Interior Ministry denies confirming reports of suspected jihadists among Ceuta arrivals

By staffAugust 5, 20262 Mins Read
Spain’s Interior Ministry denies confirming reports of suspected jihadists among Ceuta arrivals
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
By&nbspChristina Thykjaer

Published on 04/08/2026 – 22:11 GMT+2•Updated
05/08/2026 – 13:00 GMT+2

Spain’s Interior Ministry has denied confirming reports published by Spanish news outlets El Español and The Objective, which claimed that security services had identified several people investigated for jihadism-related offences among the migrants who arrived in Ceuta last week.

“At no point have we confirmed those reports,” a ministry spokesperson told Euronews.

The ministry added that “Spain’s security forces carry out continuous work to monitor and combat jihadist terrorism throughout the country, not only in Ceuta.” However, it neither confirmed nor denied the accuracy of the reports.

The ministry also sought to reassure the public following the mass arrivals in Ceuta on 30 July.

“The Spanish public and the people of Ceuta can be confident that the arrivals on 30 July do not pose a threat to public security,” it said.

Highlighting its counter-terrorism efforts, the ministry said that Spanish security forces had carried out 43 operations in 2026, leading to the arrest of 82 people for offences related to jihadist terrorism.

The reports by El Español and The Objective, which cited sources familiar with the investigation, claimed that officers from the National Police’s General Information Commissariat (CGI) and the Civil Guard’s Intelligence Headquarters (JIGC) had reviewed surveillance footage and identified several individuals who had previously been arrested, convicted and later deported to Morocco for offences linked to jihadist terrorism.

So far, none of those claims has been officially confirmed by Spain’s Interior Ministry or the country’s security forces.

The ministry’s response comes against the backdrop of Spain’s ongoing counter-terrorism efforts.

Last week, experts interviewed by Euronews said the jihadist threat has evolved towards increasingly decentralised forms of radicalisation, driven by social media and messaging apps, making intelligence gathering and prevention more important than ever.

The experts also highlighted the close counter-terrorism cooperation between Spain and Morocco, particularly in intelligence sharing on radicalised individuals and the monitoring of potential security threats.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Russia plans to fire 200 ballistic missiles at once, Ukraine’s drone commander says

Danube water level rising: Another Paks nuclear plant turbine may restart

Firefighters struggle to put out three wildfires in southwestern Spain

EU stands in ‘solidarity’ with Euronews following ban in Belarus

Western Europe sets new temperature record hitting 900 million people worldwide

Etna eruption: arrivals halted at Catania airport

Meloni and Frederiksen reiterate opposition to ‘uncontrolled immigration’

Historic drought: rivers reveal hunger stones, warships and mammoth remains

Why is the European Union short on water? Take our poll

Editors Picks

Russia plans to fire 200 ballistic missiles at once, Ukraine’s drone commander says

August 10, 2026

Video. Latest news bulletin | August 10th, 2026 – Evening

August 10, 2026

UK approves its second weight-loss pill while EU access lags – POLITICO

August 10, 2026

Danube water level rising: Another Paks nuclear plant turbine may restart

August 10, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Europe and world news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Video. Firefighters battle wildfire in eastern Spain’s Castellón

August 10, 2026

From Tuscany to Moldova: The best winery restaurants in Europe revealed

August 10, 2026

Moldovan president condemns Russia over killer drone crash – POLITICO

August 10, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian Europe. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.