Close Menu
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
What's On

Syrians work to erase al-Assad cult of personality after fall of regime

February 18, 2026

A race for fuel-efficiency brings students to Qatar’s F1 tracks

February 18, 2026

Survey says more Americans believe Bad Bunny ‘better represents’ US than Donald Trump

February 18, 2026

Pope snubs Trump’s Gaza peace board  – POLITICO

February 18, 2026

Video. Ash Wednesday: Millions mark start of Lent in the Philippines

February 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian Europe
Newsletter
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
Home»Culture
Culture

‘I’ve never felt such malice’: Julio Iglesias denies sexual abuse allegations

By staffJanuary 16, 20263 Mins Read
‘I’ve never felt such malice’: Julio Iglesias denies sexual abuse allegations
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
By&nbspRafael Salido&nbsp&&nbspTokunbo Salako

Published on
16/01/2026 – 11:02 GMT+1

Julio Iglesias has rejected “with deep regret” the sexual harassment allegations against him, after two of his former employees said this week that the Spanish singer sexually harassed them and subjected them to various humiliations.

“I deny having abused, coerced, or disrespected any woman,” Iglesias wrote in a message posted on his Instagram profile. “These accusations are absolutely false and cause me great sadness.”

Iglesias adds that “he had never felt such malice”, but says that he still has “strength” to make “the whole truth” known and to defend his dignity “in the face of such a serious affront”.

“I cannot forget so many dearly loved people who have sent me messages of affection and loyalty; I have found much comfort in them,” Iglesias concludes in his Instagram message.

Earlier this week, two women who say they worked for Iglesias in 2021 claimed that the popular artist sexually assaulted them while they were working at his residences in the Dominican Republic and the Bahamas, following an investigation by ‘elDiario.es’, in collaboration with ‘Univisión Noticias’.

According to the account of the alleged victims, Iglesias exercised absolute control over them and abused his power, with behaviour they describe as constant “sexual assaults” and “humiliations”.

In response, Spain’s Equality Ministry Ana Redondo called for “a full investigation” in an X post, while Deputy Prime Minister Yolanda Diaz described the allegations as “chilling testimonies”.

Following the revelations, the Prosecutor’s Office of Spain’s National Court decided to open a preliminary investigation into the allegations in one of the cases. The assaults described by both women, who in the report are identified under the pseudonyms Rebeca and Laura, are said to have taken place at the mansions the artist owns in Punta Cana (Dominican Republic) and Lyford Cay (Bahamas).

The events are said to have occurred during the period when both were employed by the singer, who at the time was 77, as live-in staff, one as a domestic worker and the other as a physiotherapist. The organisations Women’s Link Worldwide and Amnesty International reported last Wednesday that the two complainants are currently still employed by the artist; however, Euronews has not been able to confirm this.

Although Iglesias initially avoided commenting on the case, on Tuesday his friend and renowned journalist Paloma García-Pelayo, told the television programme ‘laSexta Clave’ that the artist “is worried” about the allegations.

García-Pelayo emphasised that the singer fears the damage his reputation may suffer due to allegations that have spread way beyond Spain’s borders. According to García-Pelayo, the artist believes his image “has fallen completely” and is experiencing the situation “as if he’d been killed internationally for his image”.

Best known internationally for his romantic ballads, Iglesias enjoyed enormous success during the 1970s and 1980s and has recorded with US artists Diana Ross, Stevie Wonder and Willie Nelson.

Author Ignacio Peyro, who recently published a biography of Iglesias, expressed “deep consternation” over the reported incidents, adding the allegations were “not known” when his book was published.

Additional sources • AFP

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Survey says more Americans believe Bad Bunny ‘better represents’ US than Donald Trump

Sign of the times: ‘Cry, Wedding and Blood’ brings Lorca to life at Spain’s National Drama Centre

Everyone’s a winner: Sony World Photography Awards 2026 Open Competition

Eurovision fans rage online over cancellation of 70th anniversary live tour

Rev. Jesse Jackson, civil rights icon and two-time US presidential candidate, dies aged 84

‘Godfather’ and ‘Apocalypse Now’ actor Robert Duvall dead at 95

Dana Eden, co-creator of hit spy show ‘Tehran’, found dead in Athens hotel room

Slumdog millionaire: Meet the Global Teacher Prize winner using slum walls to spread learning

YouTube boxer Logan Paul sells rare Pikachu Illustrator Pokémon card for record $16.5 million

Editors Picks

A race for fuel-efficiency brings students to Qatar’s F1 tracks

February 18, 2026

Survey says more Americans believe Bad Bunny ‘better represents’ US than Donald Trump

February 18, 2026

Pope snubs Trump’s Gaza peace board  – POLITICO

February 18, 2026

Video. Ash Wednesday: Millions mark start of Lent in the Philippines

February 18, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Europe and world news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Reform UK vows to scrap Britain’s carbon border tax 

February 18, 2026

Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg to testify in trial over alleged social media harm to children

February 18, 2026

Uzbekistan targets 12 million tourists in 2026 as AI reshapes hospitality

February 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian Europe. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.