Close Menu
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
What's On

Ukraine strikes Russian oil refinery in long-range drone attack, Kyiv says

May 21, 2026

Airbnb expands beyond rentals with AI planning tools, airport pickups and World Cup experiences

May 21, 2026

Felipe VI presents 2025 Joan Margarit Poetry Prize to Margaret Atwood in Toronto

May 21, 2026

Ukraine should be in NATO, Czech military chief says – POLITICO

May 21, 2026

Russia delivers nuclear warheads to Belarus as NATO tensions spike

May 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian Europe
Newsletter
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
Home»Politics
Politics

Israel backs US Hormuz blockade as Netanyahu signals readiness to resume war

By staffApril 14, 20262 Mins Read
Israel backs US Hormuz blockade as Netanyahu signals readiness to resume war
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

A first round of negotiations on disarming Hezbollah in Lebanon and normalizing relations between Israel and Lebanon are expected to take place in Washington on Tuesday.

Lebanese Ambassador to Washington Nada Hamadeh-Moawad, Israeli Ambassador to Washington Yechiel Leiter, and U.S. Ambassador to Lebanon Michel Issa will lead their respective delegations at the talks at the State Department, two people familiar with the matter said. They were granted anonymity to discuss sensitive diplomacy.

Lebanon’s prime minister had originally been scheduled to travel to the U.S. this week, but postponed the trip on Saturday, citing “the current internal situation” in Lebanon.

Meanwhile, Israel’s military is on high alert to restart the fighting if necessary.

“We are discussing the reinforcement of our high level of readiness and our preparations for the continuation of the campaign,” Israel’s military chief Eyal Zamir said Monday in a meeting of top military officials.

Netanyahu said he also spoke with Vice President JD Vance, who called to brief him on his way home from failed talks with Iran in Islamabad.

President Donald Trump’s “central issue” is removing “all enriched material and ensuring there is no more enrichment in the coming years in Iran,” a position Israel shares, Netanyahu said.

“We of course, support this firm stance, and we are in constant coordination with the U.S.,” he added.

Netanyahu denied any disagreement between the U.S. and Israel over how to prosecute the war with Iran.

In Israel there is widespread disappointment that the fighting ended and Netanyahu is under intense pressure to show the Israeli public that the war accomplished the aims he set out at the beginning: creating conditions for a new regime in Iran and removing the threat of Iran’s nuclear and ballistic missile programs.

Only 10 percent of Israelis believe the campaign so far constitutes a significant success, compared to 32 percent who see it as a failure, according to a poll released late last week after the ceasefire started. And 70 percent believe the ceasefire is an American concession to Iran, with two-thirds of Israelis saying they opposed it in the poll conducted by Agam Labs at Hebrew University.

For now, Israel is waiting to see how Trump will respond.

“We are a satellite state now more than ever,” a former senior Israeli official said, granted anonymity to speak candidly about Israeli strategy.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Ukraine should be in NATO, Czech military chief says – POLITICO

EU cuts growth forecasts as Middle East war drags on – POLITICO

Gonorrhea and syphilis cases hit record highs in Europe – POLITICO

Fixing gaps in schizophrenia care – POLITICO

Putin’s trolls are weakening Merz to boost Russia-friendly far right – POLITICO

Wie Rubio Trump nachfolgen will – POLITICO

Why are drones suddenly terrifying Europe? – POLITICO

Regional perspectives for global health – POLITICO

Even insiders don’t know what Burnham has planned for Britain – POLITICO

Editors Picks

Airbnb expands beyond rentals with AI planning tools, airport pickups and World Cup experiences

May 21, 2026

Felipe VI presents 2025 Joan Margarit Poetry Prize to Margaret Atwood in Toronto

May 21, 2026

Ukraine should be in NATO, Czech military chief says – POLITICO

May 21, 2026

Russia delivers nuclear warheads to Belarus as NATO tensions spike

May 21, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Europe and world news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Who is Raúl Castro: the man who inherited the revolution and still shapes Cuba under pressure

May 21, 2026

EU cuts growth forecasts as Middle East war drags on – POLITICO

May 21, 2026

Latvia issues warning to residents after detecting unmanned aerial vehicle in its airspace

May 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian Europe. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.