Close Menu
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
What's On

Indian Coast Guard launches search and rescue operation after cargo vessel sinks in Bay of Bengal

August 23, 2026

Canadian PM Carney says new US tariffs are ‘designed to hurt us and divide us’

August 23, 2026

Six EU countries push for windfall tax on oil companies amid surging war profits

August 23, 2026

Video. Latest news bulletin | August 23rd, 2026 – Morning

August 23, 2026

Another eclipse over Spain on 28 August: where and how to see the Moon almost completely covered

August 22, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian Europe
Newsletter
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
Home»Culture
Culture

Harvey Weinstein’s New York rape charge dropped – accuser says she can’t endure a fourth trial

By staffJune 26, 20262 Mins Read
Harvey Weinstein’s New York rape charge dropped – accuser says she can’t endure a fourth trial
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Disgraced Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein will not face a fourth New York trial over the alleged rape of actress Jessica Mann.

Prosecutors dropped the case on Thursday after his accuser said she could not bear to testify again.

In May, Weinstein’s third trial over the allegation ended in a mistrial after the jury said it was deadlocked.

The jury had been unable to reach a unanimous decision over whether Weinstein had raped Mann in 2013 in a New York hotel.

Mann appeared to support Thursday’s decision, saying in a letter that prosecutor Nicole Blumberg read to the court: “After a lot of thought and reflection, I have chosen not to proceed with a fourth trial against Harvey Weinstein. It was clear to me at this last trial I could no longer endure going through this any longer.”

Mann added that the 8-year-old case has “put me through more harm than good.”

Blumberg told the court that prosecutors believe Mann and hail her “bravery, strength, courage and inspiration” to other survivors, but given her feelings about proceeding, “dismissal is appropriate.”

Weinstein had pleaded not guilty to the charge of rape in the third degree, and has denied all allegations of nonconsensual sex.

He left court with a neutral expression, returning to jail to await a September sentencing on a New York sexual assault conviction involving a different woman. Prosecutors are seeking a 20-year prison term.

Once Weinstein finishes the punishment he gets in New York, he is due to serve 16 years in California, where he was convicted of raping a third woman. He is appealing both convictions.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Wehrmacht motorbike from the Danube brings siege of Budapest to life

Pompeii, life went on after Vesuvius: new discovery points to the Renaissance

Euronews Culture’s Film of the Week: ‘Fjord’

Why is the Gwangju Biennale refusing to call Taiwan’s pavilion the ‘Taiwan Pavilion’?

World’s oldest person celebrates 117th birthday in UK – What is the secret to her longevity?

Spice Girls leader Geri Halliwell’s Cordoban great-grandfather was executed after the Civil War

Diamonds or duds: Are these the most overrated albums of all time?

Quevedo overtakes Rosalía and becomes Spain’s most streamed artist on Spotify

UK cinemas consider ban on Meta ‘pervert glasses’ over piracy and privacy concerns

Editors Picks

Canadian PM Carney says new US tariffs are ‘designed to hurt us and divide us’

August 23, 2026

Six EU countries push for windfall tax on oil companies amid surging war profits

August 23, 2026

Video. Latest news bulletin | August 23rd, 2026 – Morning

August 23, 2026

Another eclipse over Spain on 28 August: where and how to see the Moon almost completely covered

August 22, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Europe and world news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Metsola pays tribute to ex-EU Commissioner Kallas, after daughter Kaja Kallas announces father’s death

August 22, 2026

Video. Latest news bulletin | August 22nd, 2026 – Evening

August 22, 2026

Poland: Man who ordered 300 pizzas in food-delivery pranks faces up to eight years in prison

August 22, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian Europe. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.