Close Menu
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
What's On

Ukraine has hit seven of Russian online retailer Wildberries’ 10 biggest warehouses, military says

August 17, 2026

Venezuela seeks return of 31 tonnes of gold worth €4bn from Bank of England

August 17, 2026

The ‘geoid’: Why NASA’s gravity model makes Earth look like a potato

August 17, 2026

Russia cancels major Red Square military jamboree amid drone attacks – POLITICO

August 17, 2026

Three dead, including pregnant woman and child, in southern Spain shooting

August 17, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian Europe
Newsletter
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
Home»Europe
Europe

Three dead, including pregnant woman and child, in southern Spain shooting

By staffAugust 17, 20262 Mins Read
Three dead, including pregnant woman and child, in southern Spain shooting
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Published on
17/08/2026 – 15:10 GMT+2

At least three people were killed and a fourth is in a critical condition after a shooting on Sunday evening in Isla Cristina in the southern Spanish province of Huelva.

According to local media, the attack took place in the Rocío neighbourhood, where a man turned up on a motorbike at a family home and opened fire on its occupants before fleeing.

Among the dead are a pregnant woman, one of her children and the woman’s mother.

The three bodies were left lying in the middle of the street after the burst of gunfire. A fourth person was critically injured and is being treated in hospital.

Possible family vendetta

The case appears to have its origins in violence between two families dating back to September, when a person was killed in the Torrejón neighbourhood of Huelva.

The three victims from the weekend shooting are reportedly close relatives of the alleged perpetrator of that killing: his sister, his mother and his sister’s son. Since then, the two families are said to have been involved in several episodes of violence, including a previous shooting at the same area in Isla Cristina.

This chain of events means investigators are not ruling out the possibility that Sunday’s attack was an act of revenge linked to that first homicide, although the investigation into the case is ongoing.

Both the Civil Guard and Isla Cristina’s local police have already launched a large operation in the area, which remains under a heavy police presence while efforts continue to locate the suspected gunman, who is still at large.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Ukraine has hit seven of Russian online retailer Wildberries’ 10 biggest warehouses, military says

Europe wildfires: German border town partially evacuated but France blaze stabilised

Can the EU stop smoking by taxing cigarettes? Take our poll

Europe continues to battle wildfires as Belgium sees biggest blaze in recorded history

Deceased Cambridge academic Jason Arday’s family decries ‘campaign of harassment’ against him

UK police apologise after Al Fayed sex abuse data breach

NATO fighter jets shoot down drone over Romania near Moldova border

Wildfires continue to devastate Europe as thousands are forced to flee their homes

Ukraine says it has struck Russian ‘rocket and space’ centre

Editors Picks

Venezuela seeks return of 31 tonnes of gold worth €4bn from Bank of England

August 17, 2026

The ‘geoid’: Why NASA’s gravity model makes Earth look like a potato

August 17, 2026

Russia cancels major Red Square military jamboree amid drone attacks – POLITICO

August 17, 2026

Three dead, including pregnant woman and child, in southern Spain shooting

August 17, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Europe and world news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Trump threatens to bomb Oman if it impedes US-Iran Strait of Hormuz talks

August 17, 2026

Revolut is set to launch airport lounges, with the first opening in Copenhagen in 2027

August 17, 2026

From being single to soaring costs and war: Why Iranian women are freezing their eggs

August 17, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian Europe. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.