Close Menu
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
What's On

5 NATO allies agree to produce low-cost drones – POLITICO

February 20, 2026

Uzbekistan prepares for first homegrown satellite and astronaut mission

February 20, 2026

Euronews Culture’s Film of the Week: ‘Orwell: 2+2=5’

February 20, 2026

Swedish MP warns country to be less like Tottenham Hotspur – POLITICO

February 20, 2026

EU ministers to grill Commissions’s Šuica over attendance at Trump’s Board of Peace launch

February 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Web Stories
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Daily Guardian Europe
Newsletter
  • Home
  • Europe
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Press Release
  • Trending
Daily Guardian EuropeDaily Guardian Europe
Home»Culture
Culture

Chart-topping French rapper Naps sentenced to seven years for hotel rape incident

By staffFebruary 20, 20263 Mins Read
Chart-topping French rapper Naps sentenced to seven years for hotel rape incident
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Published on
20/02/2026 – 11:32 GMT+1

Chart-topping French rapper Naps has been sentenced to seven years in prison for raping a young woman while she was asleep in October 2021 in a Paris hotel room.

The 40-year-old artist from Marseille, whose real name is Nabil Boukhobza, was convicted by the Paris criminal court, which cited an “absence of consent” in its ruling.

Judges noted that the complainant had consistently maintained she was asleep and said the “pain of vaginal penetration” woke her.

Boukhobza, who has more than three million subscribers on YouTube, and best known for his 2021 hit “La kiffance”, which spent 10 non-consecutive weeks at number one on the French charts, had been free during the trial.

When the verdict was delivered, the complainant broke down in tears of relief, while the rapper appeared visibly shaken and embraced his wife in court.

“With great relief, she was heard, believed, and recognised. Regardless of the sentence handed down, the court established her status as a victim after nearly five years of proceedings. So this is a real relief for her,” said the victim’s lawyer following the sentence.

Details of the case

The case stemmed from a complaint filed in October 2021 by a 20-year-old woman who said she had spent the evening at The Key nightclub in Paris after being invited by a promoter, along with two friends.

Naps was present at the club with his cousin and manager, a bodyguard and others. The women said they met him for the first time that night and were invited to join his table.

According to the complainant, the group later left the club to go to the rapper’s hotel near Gare de Lyon at around 4:30am. After consuming alcohol, cannabis and nitrous oxide, the rapper’s entourage gradually left, leaving him alone with the three women, who had been asked to leave their phones at the entrance.

The complainant told the court she was “groggy” and drifting in and out of consciousness when she felt someone pulling down her underwear. She said she woke to the pain of vaginal penetration and tried to push the rapper away. DNA traces matching Boukhobza were later found on her clothing.

Boukhobza denied the allegation, telling investigators the sexual encounter was consensual and that the woman “made sounds of pleasure”.

Following the sentence, Boukhobza’s lawyer Nabil Boudi said: “Of course we’re going to appeal. He categorically denies the charges brought against him throughout the proceedings. He has reiterated this, and has been consistent on this point. And today, of course, the decision is incomprehensible, so under these circumstances we will obviously appeal the decision.”

Additional sources • AFP

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Euronews Culture’s Film of the Week: ‘Orwell: 2+2=5’

Britain’s Royal Shakespeare Company set to stage Game of Thrones prequel

The Madrid Codices: Leonardo da Vinci’s treasure trove digitised by Spain’s National Library

White House hits back at ‘loser’ Bruce Springsteen as he announces politically charged US tour

‘Days Of Ash’: U2 surprise drop six ‘songs of defiance’ – one in response to ICE shootings

Reaching ‘The Peak’: Coca-Cola’s Olympic celebrations in Milan set for record numbers

Survey says more Americans believe Bad Bunny ‘better represents’ US than Donald Trump

Sign of the times: ‘Cry, Wedding and Blood’ brings Lorca to life at Spain’s National Drama Centre

Everyone’s a winner: Sony World Photography Awards 2026 Open Competition

Editors Picks

Uzbekistan prepares for first homegrown satellite and astronaut mission

February 20, 2026

Euronews Culture’s Film of the Week: ‘Orwell: 2+2=5’

February 20, 2026

Swedish MP warns country to be less like Tottenham Hotspur – POLITICO

February 20, 2026

EU ministers to grill Commissions’s Šuica over attendance at Trump’s Board of Peace launch

February 20, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest Europe and world news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Video. Latest news bulletin | February 20th, 2026 – Midday

February 20, 2026

Britain’s Royal Shakespeare Company set to stage Game of Thrones prequel

February 20, 2026

Missing stars, traffic chaos and robo-dog controversy – POLITICO

February 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
© 2026 Daily Guardian Europe. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.